Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Loving Kindness in the Morning

"Cause me to hear Thy loving-kindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust.
Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my Soul to Thee." Psalm 143

I love mornings. The freshness of the day, that first cup of perfect coffee, the stillness. Even on snowy days (my Thumb Butte nearly invisible here through last week's snow - or was it the week before?)

This verse was also my 2009 Journal title - especially the latter part 'Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk..." because I foresaw that there were to be some decisions made. As I looked back at 2009, knowing I'd prayed and claimed these words of the Psalmist David (the shepherd boy who became king), I could see GOD had shown me the path to walk. As David said in Psalm 23, "He leadeth me..."
Enjoy your mornings as you hear His Loving-kindness and know, if you'll ask, GOD will show you the way 'wherein you should walk.' Vaya con Dios.

No comments:

Post a Comment