Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Seven Times a Day

I'm an avid reader and among the topics I enjoy are books set in India - like Pearl Buck's 'Mandela'. In some of these books, I've been impressed at the faithfulness of the people - the women especially, who make time for their prayers, many times a day.Islam also calls the people to regular prayers. In Psalm 119:164 (its a long one!), David writes "Seven times a day do I praise Thee because of Thy righteousness judgements." This encourages me to do the same - I don't always pull the prayer rug off my bedroom door to do this - it is more of a reminder to me, but throughout the day I lift my heart to my Creator, not only with supplications, but praise for all He provides me - wisdom, stength, beauty. If followers of other religions can be so faithful, shouldn't we as well?
Vaya con Dios!

No comments:

Post a Comment